Purchase or Price Requests are used to ask others to purchase a required item for the business.
For example, Price Requests are used by operational staff in the field to electronically inform a Purchasing Department what parts they require to complete their job. Once the Purchase Request is created the module is used to track the request through the quoting/tendering/cost comparison process and then automatically generate a requisition for the item(s) from the chosen supplier.
Everyone involved is kept up to date with the bidding activity as it happens.
Often staff within an organisation are not expected to source the items that they need, there is a Purchasing Department for that. If this is the case then WebReq Price Requests are the perfect way of automating the process and giving complete visibility throughout the process.
- Easy to enter online Requests for goods/services required.
- Add attachments such as the parts required. Photos can be automatically attached from a mobile if necessary.
- Manage quotes from supplier(s).
- Full transparency so that all parties know where the request is at in the procurement process.
- Email alerts keep everyone informed of status updates as they happen.
- When a quote is accepted, the Request can be used to automatically create a Webreq Requisition for online approval and conversion to Purchase Order on the chosen supplier.
- A transparent view of the entire process is available online at any time.